Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Best Cinnamon Rolls!


This recipe is my mom's, and I'm pretty sure it's the best out there. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything but yummy goodness about them.

Mitzi's Cinnamon Rolls:

Dissolve 2 TBS yeast in 3 C. warm water and add:
3/4 C. sugar
1/2 c. butter or marg.
2 beaten eggs
continue to add:
7 1/2 c. flour (about)
1 TBS salt
Knead to a soft, but not sticky dough and let rise.

Divide dough in half then roll into a 12" by 20" rectangle and spread on a mixture of :
1/2 c. butter or marg.
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (or more)

Roll up and cut into 1" slices and place on well greased cookie sheet.
Let rise until double in size and bake at 375 until golden brown.
Makes about 2 pans of cinnamon rolls.

Icing:
2+ TBS butter or marg
2 lbs. Powdered Sugar
Just enough milk to get the texture you like to spread or drizzle.
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Almond extract

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany! I am so so so so so glad you started this blog! 1. it's very inspiring and full of projects I want to make. 2. I have wanted this recipe for years!!! Ever since I went to that party (when the cops came, remember?) at your house and your mom made these. I have never seen their equal! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmm. I got to have these last weekend! People are gonna think your mom's name is Mitzi! :)

    ReplyDelete