Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Before I get to the reason for my long absence I want to share two yummy recipes with you. The first is called Pavlova. It's an Australian dessert first introduced to me by my mom. If you've ever wondered what heaven tastes like, then try this recipe because I think it's as close as you can get. Did I mention it's the easiest recipe ever!


"Pavlova"
4 egg whites at room temperature
1/4 tsp Cream of Tarter
1 c Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Heat oven to 300 degrees
Line cookie sheet with dull side of aluminum foil facing up or with parchment paper.
Peat egg whites with cream of tarter until foamy and very gradually add sugar, small amounts at a time beating continuously.
Let beat on high for approx. 5-6 min. until peaks are very firm and then add vanilla.
Beat in vanilla and scoop mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet making a circle about 10 in. Place in oven and REDUCE heat to 250 and bake about 60 min. until firm and dry to the touch. Cool completely. Add filling and fruit.

Filling: 1 c. whipping cream whipped with NO sugar added. Top with assorted fruit. I like strawberries and kiwis.

You can use this recipe to make 30-40 small individual ones but reduce cooking time to 30-40 min. These small shell can store for a few days.

.

Since we were in the Aussie mood I made Aussie burgers to accompany our lovely dessert. The only difference between an american burger and an aussie burger is the fried egg, beets, pineapple slice, and bbq sauce. It's called "The Burger with Everything" and boy is it a mouthful as you can see. I know it sounds weird, but it really is good, so if you feel like trying something new try an Aussie burger

Now onto the real reason why I haven't blogged, "I've been Busy!" My friend and I did a craft show together and made a bunch of super cute dresses and bows and it was a blast, but I was seriously sewing 6 hours a day for the last 3 weeks. Unlike most tedious jobs, this was actually quite fun and enjoyable. These are a few pictures of everything we did. I think we'll try to do it again. I've also been working on curtains, painting, redecorating, and gardening. It's so much fun to be productive and have something to keep me busy because usually I'm just sitting around on my butt looking for something to do. I have a couple projects I'm working on that I can't wait to share with you, so I'll keep you "Posted".





2 comments:

  1. The dresses are so lovely!
    I am definitely trying pavlova (even though the name does make me think of Pavlov's dog ;) ). Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, Natalie just told me about this site--can I just say, you are amazing! I love your ideas--I really might need to steal a few. Love the dresses and skirts!

    ReplyDelete